Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Saturday 10 August 2013

Whoo Hooo comments are fixed!

WHOOT WHOOT!
 You cannot believe how happy I am that comments finally work, and it transpired that the reason for the problems was the out of date, and totally extinct template I was using called Mimina! The reason I was using it,well The Cutest Blog on the Block who supplied the free backgrounds and banner recommended that Minima be used and provide instructions for reverting back to it if you are on a modern template.

So I tried out a couple of the new ones, without changing the background and it seems that the problems are all fixed, and I am getting used to the new look.

Of course it took a bit more work, to choose the new layout then move everything round, and having decided the first new template called Simple didn't work because the backgrounds stopped short of the header, and the header didn't cover the space, I went with Awesome Inc, the background looks good, well I think so. Having done the second change I had to pick the layout again, and move everything round again, but the stuff I deleted the first time remained gone! Then I had to download the header again, because I couldn't find where I saved it, and this time I added words using Pageplus instead of using the Blogger ones that just go straight across, made it the right size (eventually - it took a few attempts) and voila! Then all I had to do was the same to the Quirky Crafts blog (which was a lot easier because I had gone through all the pain with this blog and knew what to do, and there is less to move around on Quirky). I think most people won't even register the changes, but will find the comments now work, on Quirky the pages now work without giving out error messages every time you go there!
I could have stuck with a column either side of posts, but they seem to have gone long and thin, the arrangement I have chosen has either a fat column or two thin columns and I can move gadgets to either, deciding which looks best. My labels went into a HUGE long list but that was easily fixed back to a cloud with a simple tick box.

Anyway here is what I have been doing since Wednesday:

A long time ago, back when I started card making in fact, I saw a magazine with a beautiful card made with a beautiful stamp. I had to buy the mag, and then I had to find and buy the stamp. Since then I stroked the stamp and kept it nice and warm but it never saw ink. Last week I once more gazed wistfully at it when looking for a different stamp and thought - yes do it now, right now! The original version was black on black with some of the background cut out (from memory), and I will try that, but I like this version. It took me a while to put the card together, and at the expense of other projects I started too. It isn't perfect, and the die cuts took several attempts before I got here! The gold embossed card stock was perfect, sadly I only have scraps of it left now.
The scene stamp is by Creative Expressions, and is wood mounted. I stamped it with black Versacolor and heat embossed it with Personal Impressions black EP. The sentiment stamp is by Hanko. Dies used are Spellbinders Imperial Gold, Gold Labels 4, paper is Papermania, and the dragon punch is from Crafts Too.

I have entered the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Die-ing to Punch
My Time to Craft - Aperture ends 23rd Aug
Papertake Weekly - anything goes and vintage if you like ends Tuesday.



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.