Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 18 August 2013

It's a Quirky Cheesey Christmas in August!

Nearly every challenge blog has done Christmas in July, but we are Quirky so it is Christmas in August. As well as that you need to use three cheesey triangles from Lyn's Quirky tub of cheese!
I used a Bugaboo image, non traditional colours, made my own background and layers, so I have 4 things, you only need 3 though!

I love these cute little penguins, and I didn't check which image Lyn was using - or colour! Great minds think alike, well sort of as you will see if you hop over to Quirky!
I decided to use a Hero Arts Sizzix embossing folder combo for the first time. I dabbed pale and dark ink on the stamp, which sort of worked, and after stamping embossed it. I quite like the effect. I was thinking about another paper maybe made on the Gelli Plate but had absentmindedly stuck the panel down already. 
The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, the bauble and branch are part of a Just Rite stamp set which has two corresponding die sets, but only for the baubles. I coloured the images with Promarkers and added stickles, and ink was Memento and Versacolor. The greeting in the bauble doesn't show up well, you need to make the photo bigger to see.

My second card is made using Bugaboo image (x2), non traditional colours and two of everything, two images, two fancy die cuts, two purple rectangles, two freebie papers from a magazine, two ribbons from the Crafty Ribbons lime dots collection, and 2 x 3 green flat back pearls. Howzat!


Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see more great examples, and to join in. You could win Crafty Ribbons or Bugaboo images from our generous sponsors, and who doesn't want to win those!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
Catch the Bug - Bingo (something beginning with D - decorate the tree, Bugaboo image, bold colours).
(The first card could also qualify, D for die cuts, Bugaboo image and no DPP)
ABC Christmas challenge P - penguin, pearls and pretty colours.
Joanna Sheen - Embossing - first card, heat and dry embossing.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! Thanks for joining in at Joanna Sheen this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Cazzy. I love the colours, they are so non traditional, I like that. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cards!
    We’re so glad you decided to play along with us this week for the Catch The Bug BINGO Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog Saturday for our newest challenge! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.