Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 16 August 2015

Very Quirky embossing and sugar skulls.

This beauty is Helena Reis's Dia de los Muertos from Sweet Pea Stamps, I think she is gorgeous! I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz cracked glass embossing folder with Coordinations paper sanded to reveal black. The Life is a Beautiful Ride paper is from a My Minds Eye chalkboard stack and it is matted onto a red sparkly square of card, and the paper behind is Papermania as far as I remember.
I coloured the digi with Promarkers, her hair is blue and it looks much darker in real life, I might have to darken it down.
I added black lace and some skull and crossbones ribbon to the bottom, and two gem flowers.
All of this is mounted on an 8" x 8" scalloped card blank by Cardcraft. 

Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see more like this.

She has crept into the following challenges:
Crafty Gals - any holiday day of the dead (Wed)
Cute card Thursday - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps - Make your mark (Wed/Fri)
Our Creative Corner - Mexican Moods (Sept 4th)

Awards:
I made top 3
Ikes' World - #44 F is for fashion (Tues)

18 comments:

  1. Cazzy, this the perfect embossing folder for this funny digi. Love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve love this! Awesomely creepy! Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenge! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an awesome card love the image .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, love the crackle effect with the stamping. She would certainly fit into the Day of The Dead festival in Mexico! Thank you for joining the challenge at Our Creative Corner. Hugs Zjan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloured image really pops against your greys and blacks, and that embossing folder is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that skull dress is something I would LOVE to wear. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and fun card. Love the pops of colour.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol your embossing is very beautiful !!! Helen this cute colored, a great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. This girl is adorable ! The embossing is beautiful! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The the embossing folder, works really well with the Core'dinations.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Cazzy..Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hair and dress great card. Thanks for joining ike's challenge
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun image and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh totally fabulous Cazzy, loving all your attention to detail :) :) Thank you for joining us at Ike'sWorld and the best of luck :) :) Hugs Mimi Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love that image - and would love to use the TH embossing folder! Thanks for sharing with Ike's World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is just toooo creepy cute :-) LUV that background effect too.
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.