Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 16 August 2015

Quirky emboss it.

Myriam is leaving the Quirky Team to pursue other interests, and this is her last challenge to us. We will miss her loads, she is so talented.
Quirky Crafts has three sponsors for this challenge, Sweet Pea Stamps, Limited Runs and Robyn's Fetish.
My first card is made with a Limited Runs digi set called Birds on a Wire with another of their digis called Birdhouse 2 set. The sentiment and a few more come with the birds on a wire set.
I coloured the digis with Promarkers, cut out the panel with Spellbinders and fussy cut the birdhouse. The background is embossed with a set of three little embossing folders that came free with Card Making and Papercrafts magazine a while back, and I enhanced the embossing by rubbing chalks over it, although I don't fix them with hairspray because I am allergic to it!

I am running late with my Sweet Pea card but I will try and beat the deadline, if not it will be along later.

Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see some even better examples of embossing and to play along with the team. All you need to do is include any kind of embossing on any kind of project.

This card has fluttered into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps - make your mark (Wed/Fri)
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Fab n Funky - things with wings (Aug)

11 comments:

  1. Cazzy, this is beyond cute!!!! Love this funny card and the embossing was perfect for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cazzy this is just so sweet love how you merged it all together
    hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image, Cazzy, and the funny sentiment that goes with it. Those embossing folders really added a lot to the background of your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, love that sneaky cat!! Beautifully coloured and love the scene you created with the tree and that gorgeous birdhouse. So very glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colored Cazzy, and the emboss effect, just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carol, it has a wonderful time! Great image, beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fun image, fun sentiment and prettily embossed background. Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday with this lovely card. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, fun card it made me smile, the image and card design are super, thank you for joining us at the FAB 'N' FUNKY challenge
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable and so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Cazzy! Your card is so super cute! I really like those cute embossing folders you used - perfect for scene cards, which I love! The birds are so fun and I LOVE the sentiment - made me laugh!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog! Yes, I am so grateful to have won some awards and prizes - you have no idea how it lifts my spirits. I don't work (I have no income or pension) so when I win, I get new crafty goodies to play with! But on the other hand, I spend a lot of time at it. I have some health issues and my activities are quite limited at times, so this is how I spend my time - blog hops, challenges, etc. I will share my secret to winning - entering a gazillion challenges with each card! But in all seriousness, my illness flared up this summer and I completely lost my mojo! I had to take a blog break but I think I'm back now - feeling a bit better anyway! Hoping to get back to making more cards!

    Wishing you all the best and I really appreciate your encouraging words! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.