Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 9 August 2015

Gone Quirky fishin' instead of just plain wishin'...

 I'm still singing gone fishing, and if you want to hear that song by Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby and a modern one on the first challenge post by Chris Rea hop over to Quirky now.

The team have been having fun with the great fishing images provided by Crackerbox Palace, and the really good news is that they are all 20% off until August 17th in honour of the challenge.

Alternatively you can enter our challenge and hope to win some of the images.

I used Smiley fish with the funny worm, along with the Drop me a Line sentiment and put them all in the Crackerbox Palace jar. The line the worm is on goes from the "i" in sentiment. I coloured the images with Promarkers and the "water" with Graph'it Markers. I've added real shells and some microbeads to the bottom of the jar and some ribbons that I got a long time ago from Crafty Ribbons. I used my wave blade on the rotary trimmer to cut a wavy edge which reveals the blue card insert when closed.



Don't you think of Finding Nemo when you look at this?

To play along hop on over to Quirky now, and you really should see the fantastic examples by the rest of the team too!

This card has swum into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - tie it up (Wed)
Addicted to stamps - #156 anything goes (Wed)
Simply Papercraft - #10 anything goes (Fri)
Left of Centre - #90 inspired by a film - finding Nemo (Fri)
Allsorts - #232 inspired by Summer (orange) (Sat)
Ribbon Girls - anything goes with an image (Sun)
The Craft Barn - pens (Sun)
Creative Fingers - #89 anything goes (Fri 21st)

14 comments:

  1. Great idea... Very original and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the seashells! What a great idea to 'catch' a fish!
    Vicky Briggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky, the jar came in handy!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! This is so fun! Thank you so much for taking part in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I did not realize, because I was on the phone only, that you also played along with us at the ATSM anything goes challenge! Wohooo, thank you for that one as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Cazzy! Super cute and a fab design.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fabulous and funny card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! What a cutie. I love the bold blue and orange you picked! Thanks for sharing it at Simply Papercraft Challenge #10, hope to see you again soon!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts and I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun card, love the image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Inspired by Summer' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at the Left of Center Creative Challenge. I love your card and am now singing the song in my head. Good Luck..Genny DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow love this, great colours! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.