Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 11 August 2015

Stereotype!

 This is a mixture of stamps and hopefully will be ok for at least two challenges I want to enter.

The typewriter doll is by Lost Coast, her sexy legs are by Unity Stamps, the circles and spirals are Rubber Dance stamps, and the type stamps are Craftwork Cards.

You might remember my altered French/English dictionary which I started as part of The Craft Barn challenge last year - well this is another page I have done in that dictionary.
The page is painted with white gesso, the typist is stamped on white card and coloured with Promarkers and a Distress marker, circles and spirals are stamped in Distress inks and the torn edges are inked with Distress ink.
The small Rubber Dance circles have words in them and say: "you are unique and so am I" and "this is different" - I think it is! She has typed - "I am not A Stereotype".
When I got careers advice a very long time ago the adviser thought all girls should become typists, he didn't like it if you wanted to become anything else!
I have a list of challenges I want to enter to try not to forget, and already one has passed by so I have to add a different one for that.

Challenges entered:
That Craft Place - anything mixed media (Sun)
Love to Create - #16 anything mixed media or inky (Sun)
The Craft Barn - pens (Sun)
Lost Coast - circles (you can use any stamps) (7th ASept)

Rubber Dance - colour challenge (Aug - 7th Sept)



20 comments:

  1. Love it!! This is such a cool combination of different stamps. You're the first to quote the tiny text in my circle stamps! I am sure other must have noticed what they say, but never heard a comment about it before. Cool that you've noticed and used the stamps for your entry to our August challenge. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bibi, I loved what the circles say when I first saw them, and was so happy to win them!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cazzy, I have always loved that typewriter doll stamp and it works great on this journal page. Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place and good luck with the challenge. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, it sort of evolved into a journal page as I went along, I started off thinking of a card then changed my mind and remembered the dictionary!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely page you have created, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page in your altered book. Love the colors and stamp combo. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages and layout. I really love how you combined Typewriter Girl and gave her showgirl legs, so fun! Wonderful Summery colors :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thank you - I had fun with this one.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for using the typewriter doll stamp by Lost Coast Designs on your awesome journal page! She is one of my favs! Thanks for playing with us this month at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nan, I love her too. I only have 4 Lost Coast stamps so far and she is my favourite of the 4.

      Delete
  7. Wow, Cazzy! Gorgeous journal page! I want to make a journal too but I guess the first page is the hardest because I have yet to start mine. Love the background and the great stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I could do a journal page until I was captivated by the thought of an altered dictionary. It wasn't in alphabetical order so hard to see that I progressed, but I think I did.
      Thank you Kitty!

      Delete
  8. Such a fun journal page, love how you used our LCD typewriter girl and sassed her up with some legs LOL! Thanks for playing with us at http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great art journal page! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.