Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 8 June 2009

Race for Life card


This is my DT card for Quirky Crafts forum third card challenge. The challenge was to use pink blue and white the colours of Cancer Reasearch and I gave the card to a young lady at work who completed the race yesterday.


The stamp called June Race for Life is by Debbie Moore and is for sale on The Crafty Pad for £3, and £1 of that goes to Cancer Research (the words are a seperate stamp so you can put any wording you like on the banner). I paper pieced the pink shoes and vest, and the white number, and the rest was coloured in with Letraset Trias.

Oval and scalloped oval cut with Nestabilities dies, embossed panels made using Cuttlebug embossing folder, the white panel was wiped over with pink Brilliance ink.

All this was mounted on a pink panel on a white card. All of this was done while suffering from a migraine, and I had to cook a roast dinner for 7 and have an eye test - I don't recommend the eye test when suffering like that!

I could probably do a better card without a migraine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cazzy - great card you have made with June. Love how you have coloured her with your new trias. :) Great embossed background too -perfect for the ocassion. :)

    xxDebbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Cazzy and how lovely to see you using The crafty Pad stamp.
    I will go and take a look at your DT's blog very shortly, just going to look at your BC now :D
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.