Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 14 June 2009

Quirky Crafts Card Challenge 4

Challenge 4 seems to have come round so quickly, it doesn't seem like 4 weeks or 5 weeks since the new Quirky Crafts forum came into being.

I decided to use the English Paper Company papers again this week. The stamped bird is a Hero Arts stamp, the sentiment is a Rubbadubbadoo stamp. Ink is Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jeans colour with matching embossing powder, and I added 3 buttons with blue elastic tied through them.


Tomorrow is the closing date for my blog candy too, so I will be analysing the answers and picking some winners some time this week, hopefully by the weekend so I can send out the goodies.
It has been a busy week, I have been suffering from migraine for a week but am feeling much better now, and it seems that I was reacting to some organic fruit cordial I bought as I felt better when I stopped drinking it! I carried on working apart from Tuesday when things were so bad I couldn't see to drive, and felt so bad I just went back to bed only emerging to take more drugs and some food, though I felt very sick the whole week.
Finally I got my wedding "hat", or fascinator, or is it a cross between? I had an M&S one size doesn't fit all hat to begin with, that had to go back. and as I was in Bath I popped in the posh hat shop. Well it is a shop where there are no prices on anything, so you can tell it was a wee bit expensive especially for something that will only have limited use but I thought what the heck, my son only gets married once (hopefully), can't see the other one getting married, so when she asked if I would like a hat box, oh and that is £5 extra I thought what is £5 after spending so much, I might as well. It is a very nice stripey hat box I must say and will keep the hat safe from being squashed.
While in Bath I visited 5 well established and well known shops and in one of them I had my card details ripped off and the card company spotted it and rang me thankfully.
Today I am aching all over after over doing things yesterday due to feeling better so I have been groaning every time I have to get up out of a chair or sit down.
I had a senior moment this morning - I left the tap running to fill the sink to do the washing up. I needed to dash to the little girl's room (well unisex really) and thought it would be fine as it was not on fully. It would have been fine if I hadn't turned left on leaving the little girl's room into the utility room where (totally forgetting about the tap and washing up) I unloaded the washing machine and reloaded then walked into the kitchen to find the floor flooded! Out with the mop!

3 comments:

  1. love your challenge card honey :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cazzy - great peacock stamp - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment by Dee, I accidentally rejected it - so sorry Dee.
    I have copied it from the email:

    I saw this on the QC Forum and thought how lovely it was. Love the colours you've used and the mix of papers is very effective. Also love the image and like the way you've followed the colour theme through with the stamped image.

    Dee X :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.