Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 28 June 2009

Quirky Crafts Card Challenge 6


Challenge 6 over on the card making challenges on Quirky Crafts forum was make a card using red and green. I immediately thought of Christmas, but this card was totally jinxed. First I was too lazy to unbung the Diamond Glaze, wish they would invent a clog free nozzle for these products, so I used odour free silicone glue, haven't used it much before but it was in a syringe ready so ------tried to make small dots to affix small red gems, and it took forever to dry, spread round where it shouldn't, got on the card blank... So had to cover the edge of the card in ribbon to hide glue marks, then change the bow to match. When setting the card up to take the photo I knocked the tiny gems all over the floor, yes the gem wheel was open. I still have to pick them up! I have new glasses too, my first varifocals and I may have trouble with the gems. I have a confession - they said don't put your old glasses on, give it a week to get used to them but I cannot use them on the computer, they are awful. My home screen is very close to me, but I can only see 8 words of a row, the rest are blurry. If I look across to my small TV next to the monitor (well same size as monitor) I can see that perfectly. I am having trouble finding the right place to look through them.

So back to the card, looked at it sat on the easel a short while after the photo and the bow had fallen off! It is now firmly attached again. My first Christmas card this year, this is early for me but green and red just called out Christmas tree to me.

The tree is embossed using Cuttlebug tree folder and Cordinations Black Magic paper sanded afterwards. Papermania gems, Crafty Ribbons lovely red ribbon, and holly eyelets on red vellum, folded a green card blank from card stock.

I had it in mind to make two different cards, the second one is not any better jinx wise that the one above, so maybe I will skip right on to number 3.

It sounds like our new DT member Gez has also had a few problems (hop on over and see), maybe red and green are an unlucky combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.