Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 18 January 2015

Quirky windows

The challenge at Quirky Crafts is all about apertures in cards, or any craft project, or in the card toppers or layers like mine. Our sponsor is The Cutting Cafe (who are generously providing all three prizes and files for the team to use) and I used three file sets on my card:
Everyday Card Toppers (Cutting files)
A bunch of monsters (printable files)
Birthday fun (printable files)

I printed Word Bubble Left from Everyday Card Toppers, onto Nitwit paper by LOTV, using the pdf files because I don't have a working cutting machine set up, and I cut the panel and bubble by hand. I changed the colour of the sentiment to green, printed it and cut it out before mounting it using foam tape to give it dimension behind the cut out speech bubble. Then I added some polka dot chiffon ribbon to the panel before it was mounted onto the card also using foam tape. I coloured my monster with Promarkers and fussy cut it, then adhered it to the panel.
Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see more great examples and play along with us.

I have entered the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons - sentimental (Thurs)
Creative Fingers - anything goes #63 (Fri?)
Glitter and Sparkle - cute (Sun)
Cards Galore - anything goes (Jan)

8 comments:

  1. Very different card, love the image, love the backing paper you have used. Thanks for Sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cazzy, this card is so funny. I love how you used the word bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a fantastic card brilliant image colours and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    What a fun card - I love the colors! Wishing you a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara DIane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did amazing with the theme, well done you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card...loving the bright colours
    Many thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us over at Glitter N Sparkle in this weeks Challenge - Cute
    Debby (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us for "Anything Goes" at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright colours and a fun wee monster. I love that paper! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge January 2015 and Good Luck! Del xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.