Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 31 March 2014

Mother's Day UK

It was Mother's day yesterday here in the UK, and I hope all the Mum's had a good day! We went out for a family meal with my parents, mother in law, my son and his girlfriend and I enjoyed it very much.
Now for Spot the Difference - can you see the differences between the two cards I made for our Mums?
I started this card back to front, it was totally the wrong way to start, by cutting the window with a Spellbinders die, adhering to some DCWV paper adding the paper roses - then try and assemble it to the rest of the card which had not been decided at that point! No, it is better to decide and assemble the card and do the window last! I mounted the DCWV panel on some Papermania paper. This was mounted on to a large scalloped square of pink. Then the spotty ribbon was applied and the pink square was adhered to the yellow square which had ribbon already applied one side, then the holes were punched through both colours for the brads, and this was attached to a Craftwork Cards 8"x8" scalloped card blank. I added some butterfly die cuts that came with the Papermania paper pack, a corner Spellbinders die cut and a spotty bow. I wanted to turn the plain end over but the glue I used to attach the bow was so strong I couldn't do that. A touch of glitter glue on the roses, butterflies and paper, then Happy Mother's Day was stamped on the paper (with a Hero Arts clear stamp) and heat embossed - and it was done.

 I lined the inside of the card with Papermania paper, I think it is called Rose Garden.

Same card, a few little differences, the papers are different, there is one large butterfly, the brads are a different colour - that's all!


I have entered the following challenges:
Allsorts - use those dies (Sat)
Craft All Day - anything goes (March)
Left of Center - flowers and or ribbons (Fri)


4 comments:

  1. A super card. Thank you for joining our challenge at CAD

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous bright colors perfect for Mother's Day thanks for joining us at Left of Centre Challenges.Kay (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super card! love the bright colours and the window box!
    Rachel , LOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! love the colours! Thanks for sharing at Left of Center this fortnight! Mo DT Coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.