Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 31 March 2014

Quirky Spice Girls!

The Quirky Crafts Challenge went out yesterday, was set by Doris,  and it is called Spice Girls (Spice up your life with colour - girls), and is about bright colours and girls! It is supposed to be about big girls, Rose is a "Big Girl" as in she is 6" tall, which isn't what Doris meant at all so I hope she is OK to show you.  
Just after Christmas I won a prize from The Cutting Cafe of every new release for 6 months - that is one huge prize, there are so many files and my big regret is I sold my Craft Robo, and don't get on with the eCraft,  so don't have anything to cut the wonderful files on, but I am going to buy a new machine I have decided.

The challenge sponsor is the very generous Regina of The Cutting Cafe, and she supplied the team with the following files:
I added one of my files won in the prize mentioned above:

I managed to print the little girl's overalls onto one of the backgrounds from You Colour My World  and paper pieced it, the clothes are provided in this file seperately also the pockets and cuffs, and there are even clothes with tabs so you can make dress up dolls. I printed a different coloured background to use in the background. I used two sentiments from All About Girls, and the Happy Birthday banner from All Occasions Banners all of which I coloured with Promarkers. The girl is called Rose from Big Girl -Elisha Jean and Friends, I printed the uncoloured version and coloured her with Promarkers. Finally I found some pretty spacers and added them and some baker's twine. The lime green panel is cut with a Spellbinders Grand Nestability die.

I am a bit late posting this, I added the card to the challenge post at Quirky Crafts at 2am, it has been a tough few weeks, especially last week, and I am very tired! I don't know how long the blogs have been like it, but last night I suddenly noticed both of them were "naked" having lost their backgrounds - EEEEK! The website providing the free backgrounds and banners that I used seems to have gone, but I managed to find another with free backgrounds that sort of go with the headers - at least the colours do! I like the new backgrounds (thank you Hot Bliggidy Blog), but there are no matching headers etc, so it might change again.

I have entered the following challenges:
I love Promarkers - anything goes (Wed)
Left of Centre - flowers and or ribbon (Fri)

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is really pretty! so cute! Thanks for sharing at Left of Center this fortnight! Mo DT Coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.