Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Wednesday 4 February 2015

WOYWW #296 After Craft4Crafters Westpoint


We took a really needed break and headed for Torquay at the weekend, via Craft4Crafters at Westpoint. We stopped at the Donkey Sanctuary for lunch before this but due to a certain someone wearing his nearly best watch and mine being in the repair shop we thought we had a lot less time than we did, due to said watch still being set to British Summertime, so didn't have time to go find my new donkey for the year who is called Teddy. Once at the show I found Ali Crafts, and the lovely Ali is giving up her crafting business to work in Tesco, so lots of bargains to be had and most of my retail therapy happened on her stall. Here are the stencils I bought, lovely lovely stencils.
 Then of course there were stamps, all sorts of lovely stamps, some were only £1 each.
I went back again and bought the Speedball brayer, and treasure gold, everything else was in the bargain bin.
 I could easily have bought a lot more on this stall, had to restrain myself a little!
 From Oyster Crafts I bought these dinky little jars full of pretties! I thought for £1 a pack they are a lot cheaper than the TH ones.
 I love these buttons found on a whole display of wooden buttons on a stall which maybe had beads too, but maybe I should have bought more than 3 of each in case I need them for a cardigan. 6 packs for £5.
 I found some yarn that is the yarn I am using for my cardigan, and worried I will run out I bought 4 balls even though it is a different dye lot and I can see the difference. I might not need it, the cardigan will get a whole post to itself but it has been growing (and shrinking as I unpick constantly to correct mistakes), and the latest problem is the total lace of neck shaping instructions so I will have to unravel the fronts a little and try and work out how to best shape the neckline. While on that stall I spotted ripple scarf yarn for £1 a ball and I want to try this so bought two. I also bought some stainless steel pins, long ones with beads. I am hoping they will be glue proof.
This was in the Ali Craft bargain bin for £1, I think it is a flower mould.

The embossing folder was an Ali Craft bargain, the die was offered to me at £9 by Spike the Punch Magician and it would have been rude to say no!

I had forgotten I ordered this before we left, how about that lighthouse then! I went to order EZ mount from Sticky Tiger only to find they had a sale on, and some stamps and the lighthouse fell into my basket along with some crackle paint. I have some crackle paint bought as unused, or hardly used which seems to have dried up so was a foolish purchase, and this is to make up for it! Oh I have plans for the lighthouse, it is so big! I have so many other things I should alter first....

Anyway most of this is photographed on the floor as the desk is full!
Mother in Law had a nightdress that she wanted shortened before she would wear it, and my "big" machine would not stitch correctly today. The more I adjusted the tension the worse it got, so I got the diddy pink one out and used that. Do you think I should buy a new "big" one? Mine is around 40 years old after all! (Now even the cheapest budget machine has more stitches than mine, even this diddy one has a stitch that the "big" one doesn't!).


I didn't take any photos the whole weekend, apart from a couple with my phone from the hotel lounge before we left. 
The sun was out but it was very cold.



 One of my main courses, a trio of fish. It was expensive, and incurred a supplement on top of the inclusive bill.
This was my scallop starter, which should have come with chicken wings but I asked not to have them, again this was a more expensive dish and incurred a supplement.


I haven't felt like making anything since Mother in Law went into hospital, and later the home where she waits to be released home. We are visiting nearly every day and sorting things out in between and everything seems dominated by the situation - why is it affecting me so badly? When we were away I slept really well, but I was suffering from an allergic reaction to a brand of prescription medication and taking antihistamine tablets which can make you sleepy.

Anyway it is that day when everyone goes for a nosy around other people's desks, and the fun all happens at The Stamping Ground!

7 comments:

  1. Hullo Cazzy, ah you did have fun at the show and all that lovely new stash!! wow!! well done on all those finds.
    Glad you enjoyed your time away... and do pray for a a solution for your dear MiL soon, please Lord,
    Shaz in Oz.x No number yet!

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful stash of new items! And you got some bargains, too! Always fun. Glad you had a good time. I had a great big heavy sewing machine that was a Sears Kenmore that I bought when the kids were babies, and I still made clothes. They are 43 and 45 now. Last year I gave it away to the goodwill, because I was always having issues with the stitches being wrong, and bought a lightweight Brother on black Friday at Walmart for $49.00. I just use it now to stitch on cards and scrap pages. :)
    Sending hugs and prayers concerning situation with MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at all that new stash is looks like you had fun then to have that view from your accommodation my goodness so beautiful. I think having time away is paramount to recoup your energy. Stay strong Cazzy you will get there eventually.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 21
    Belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that your MIL isn't well! Hoping she gets better very quickly or at least can level out. You got some really great new goodies!! I think I would have gone mad over those mini craft jars - soooo cute plus filled with yummy embellishments! Have a better week & God bless!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cazzy, I really enjoyed reading your post and was swept along in the excitement of you finding and buying all your wonderful bargains I almost felt I was there myself (I wish lol) Think it depends on how much you use your big machine and what you use it for as to replacing it.Love that view from the hotel, we stayed just a bit further back while visiting friends last year. Hope your present situation improves for you soon, situations beyond our control can be very hard to deal with.
    Hugs Lottie #78

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so many bargains. Some gorgeous bits you get there.

    LOVE that lighthouse - can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Carmen x #53

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous new stash, bet you will have fun with all that. Happy crafting, Angela x 33

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.