Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 29 July 2012

Quirky Cupcakes

I haven't posted for two weeks, how awful of me! The hot weather didn't help me, I just don't function well in sweltering conditions!
Well here I am now and it is my turn to set the Quirky Crafts challenge, which is all about cupcakes, and any project must have cupcakes on it somewhere.


This card is made with Swordfish Cupcake from Limited Runs, they have some wonderful cupcakes which inspired me to set this challenge and it was hard to choose which one to use. I coloured the image with Promarkers and Trias and added Ice Stickles to the icing and Artist's Iridescent Medium to the water on the cup under the cake. I cut a doily with a Spellbinders die, and used some paper free with Card Making and Papercrafts magazine that arrived Friday, and this was great for my tablecloth. I used some pretty pastel grossgrain polka dot ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and a stamped embossed greeting with a Stampabilties stamp.
We have two sponsor for this challenge, so two prizes, and Paper Pretties supplied the two images I have used on this card, Party Hat Cupcake and Sprinkles. Doughnuts are allowed - as long as there is also a cupcake somewhere!
Again free papers from Card Making and Papercrafts Magazine, and I was going to use the other side of it but by happy accident flipped it over and liked this side better with my design. Promarkers, Perfect Pearls and Ice Stickles were used to colour the images. I had three attempts at Sprinkles, he got bigger each time until I had him the perfect size which is one of the advantages of digi images!
Grossgrain cupcake ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, and it works perfectly with the paper and images.



1 comment:

  1. hehehehe, these are great aren't they, although I'm not sure about eating that saw fish one!!
    Yes, I had a sudden thought to add Mad Madison to my cup cake card!....with her axe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.