Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 25 April 2011

Quirky Crafts 2011: Challenge 9 - A Right Royal Affair

It is nearly the Royal Wedding day and so it seemed to me a great theme for a challenge.

The challenge is to make a project inspired by royalty, and incorporating the colours red, white and blue of course.
So lets see those crowns, jewels, ermine, gold, and perhaps a wedding or romance, well the design team at Quirky Crafts Challenge blog have really done well with a great variety on this theme to inspire you. We also have two great prizes from different sponsors for the winners this time.

I used a digi image by Limited Runs, one of our two sponsors, and it is called Princess Cupcake. I added glitter glue to the icing part, and gems, and decoupaged the image a little though it is hard to tell perhaps. I got out my Spellbinders Fleur de Lis sets to die cut the mat and borders, and the corners. I was looking everywhere for some ribbon I remembered having with Union Jack flags on it, but I think I must have used it all, so I used three different ribbons, the top one says Congratulations in red and blue on a white background, and using my Bowdabra I made the bow, which is set on a length of the congratulations ribbon. Ribbons and Bowdabra were all from Crafty Ribbons. I coloured the cupcake with Promarkers, and with a gold pen I got free with a magazine. I accidentally brushed the glitter glue after topping it up, so it got on the cupcake base, so I spread it out and added a little more - you didn't notice did you? Finally I added tiny gems to the crown, and to the card in between the fleur de lis.

I hope to make another card, or perhaps something else, to add to the blog. There were some great images given to us by both sponsors and I would like to use more of them to show you what else you might do for this challenge.

So get those thinking caps on and see what you can come up with for this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Love your Fleur de lis die cut! and the ribbons and that blue and red, it's so bright.
    (Did try to comment before but that comment box would not open) Hope you had a nice Easter
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's one bling-ed out cupcake and card :) love how you've done this
    Hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs
    Your also invited to add in your creation in the customers gallery Here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.