Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 29 March 2015

A Quirky sketch

It's Doris' turn to set the Quirky Challenge and she has given us a sketch to use, or you can include hats - or both!
I used Sugar's Doggies from Ditzie Designs for my card - 50% of the profit goes to the Manchester Dog's home, and is an image I purchased a while back. I coloured her with Koh I Noor pencils, first time using them. I vaguely remember buying them and they must have been in a sale. I only have limited colours but I found that I can blend them beautifully with Sansador. I don't normally colour the whole sky but this image has cloud paw prints so I really felt I had to show them up, the blue was a little dark so I tried to lighten it by added white and blending it in. Sugar is a rag doll so she can have green hair if she wants to. One of the little doggies looks like one of mine, the one in her arms is like Alfie the Mini Schnauzer.
I think I need more colouring practice with these wood free pencils.
I die cut the panels with Spellbinders and the word with Impression Obsessions dies.

I don't have a hat so I followed the sketch. The paw print ribbons are a Crafty Ribbons exclusive.



Here is the sketch.

Now hop on over to Quirky Crafts to join in the fun, and maybe win one of the great prizes from our sponsors: That Craft Place, Meljen, and Ditzie Designs.

I have entered the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes #52 (Mon)

Darlene's NBUS - NBUS (31st March)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon (Thurs)
Allsorts - feature a creature (Sat)
That Craft Place - Easter/Spring (Sun)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cazzy, love the bright colors!!! DT Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cazzy, love the paw print ribbon you used and the lovely red buttons at the end. Love how you colour the digi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Beautiful job! I love the girl's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card for our theme this week Cazzy, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cazzy, wahoooo it is so great to be seeing a Sugar & Spice image!! ( I am on the Sugar's & Betty DT too lol) You have done such a wonderful job with the colouring of this image. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a neat sketch! And you made a lovely card using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch and clever use of buttons. :) Thanks for playing with us at crafty ribbons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to start with a huge apology, Cazzy, for taking so long to visit you and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4. Life and Easter got in the way! Your card is awwwdorable with the paw prints and the hearts! I love it!! Enjoy your day and thank you again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.