Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Friday 11 March 2016

NBUS #6 Quickly sneaking in!


With only hours to go I wondered how (with my lack of mojo) I could enter the NBUS challenge at Darlene's place. Then I remembered this NBUS that I had made a start on but not completed - voila!
I fell in love with the (NBUS) Katzelkraft Grumpy Penguins rubber stamps that are stocked by That's Crafty and while I was there the water drops set and some crazy birds also fell into my basket, well you have to get the free postage don't you?
The background is a technique I tried from Craft Stamper magazine, you stamp onto watercolour paper with Versamark and heat emboss it with white EP. Then you get messy by spritzing the paper with water then sprinkling on tiny buts of Brushos, letting some run and flicking water on it when it's dry - isn't it lovely?
The penguins were also stamped on watercolour paper in black Versacolor ink and heat embossed with clear powder, then I coloured them a little with Pan Pastels cut them out and mounted them on the background. How unusual, a totally hand stamped card!
The penguins are grumpy about the rain, they are all wet!
Happy Birthday is from a Hero Arts clear set, and Brother is from a Papermania clear set of stamps, both stamped in Indigo Versacolor and heat embossed with clear EP.

There are so many things I wanted to do but haven't got there yet. At least I made it for this one!

So that's my Brother's birthday card sorted for this month! Need one for Dad now.

Challenges entered:
NBUS #6 - Sunday 13th March
Tuesday Throwdown - create a scene.
Love to create - #6 anything mixed media (27th March)
Craft Stamper - Take it Make it for March, anything goes with a stamp.


4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card. Love the details and cute digi. Thanks for your entry in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachelle, the images are all hand stamped on this one.
      Cazzy x

      Delete
  2. No way! How can there be such a thing as grumpy penguins?! Goodness they make me laugh!! And that background is amazing, Cazzy!! Your brother will treasure this one!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.