Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 19 October 2015

Late for my own challenge, again!

 It's Quirky Reminder time again, or it was yesterday. I am getting back to normal crafting slowly. We have three sponsors for this challenge, Sweet Pea, Jiggery Makery and Digital Delights, and the challenge is about girls using only two main colours.

My first card is using a digi called  Fairy on a Stool by Sal Scheibe from Sweet Pea Stamps, she is so pretty and modern at the same time. I just bought myself a set of Chameleon Pens from someone selling them still sealed at a price too good to miss, and I just saw the post when it went out or I am sure they would have been gone.
Getting used to colouring with them will take a little while I think, I have to work in a different way on small areas, and I need to keep lightening the colours for something like the grey shadow round the image.
Papers are DCWV and Papermania, buttons are Papermania, and ribbon from stash. Flowers are by Samaflora - aren't they gorgeous!

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - 2 x 2 (2 papers) (Tues)
Inspiration Destination - #55 anything goes (Wed)
A Gem of a Challenge - spots or stripes (Sat)
The Ribbon Girls - pastels (Sun)
Creative Card Crew - ribbon (27th Oct)

My second card and this time the digi is  Zoimar Lezama's Kitty Queen from Sweet Pea Stamps. Again coloured with Chameleons, I had a bit of trouble with her nose, tried to make some tiny adjustments the day after I coloured her and it ended up worse, so now she looks a bit flushed! I think I should have trimmed round her boots - it is too late now!
The paper is My Mind's Eye - chalkboard pad, and the sentiment stamp and die are by Whimsy. I coloured the stamp with Marvy Wet Looks so I could make it two colours, the pink and black of course. It is the first time I have used this stamp set and matching die, and it won't be the last (maybe I should have added a C in front of attitude).

Challenges entered with this card:
Digi Chooseday - sentimental 
Addicted to stamps - anything goes (Wed)
Little Miss Muffet - anything goes (Thurs)
Allsorts - Sentimental (Sun)
Love to Scrap - anything goes (Mon)
Vintage Stamping challenge - use a die cut (9th Nov)

Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to join in with your girl makes with two colours, and to see some other great examples from the team.


11 comments:

  1. A perfect design for our sentimental theme this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you've got those Chameleon pens down, Cazzy. The skin coloring is especially nice. Thanks for sharing this at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card! She is definitely full of attitude and your coloring is fabulous (didn't even notice the nose until you mentioned it.) Love that chalkboard paper, too. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful birthday card...the sentiment is perfect for this image. Thanks for playing along with us at LTSCB and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha so true...it is all about the attitude! - Great card! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back again Cazzy to thank you for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card thanks for playing at agoac. I have some candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Just perfect for our ribbon challenge at Creative Card Crew. Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely creations, love the coloring on both images! Thanks so much for playing at Digi Choosday's Feeling Sentimental challenge! Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday for our 'Feeling Sentimental' challenge. Emma DC DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.