Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page.


Sunday, 15 January 2012

Quirky Silhouettes

Yes it is challenge time again at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog. I had hoped to post before this, but I have been ill all week with flu so have been in bed a lot of the time. The Nurse Practitioner told me that I will start to experience coughing all night for a couple of weeks, so far this hasn't happened and I hope it doesn't!

Here is my card. The sponsor is Stitchy Bear and I used Sewing which is one of the many lovely silhouette digital stamps available from them. I decided to make it into a background pattern by copying it all over the page and changing the colour on all but one per row. I printed it on parchment and stitched it to some striped card. I cut out a dressmaker's dummy, reels and buttons using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I added thread to the reels and buttons, and a piece of pretty fabric tied round the dummy with a piece of ribbon. Finally I cut a Spellbinders Nestabilities label and stamped Birthday Wishes from a Debbi Moore set. All ink is Memento, which I used to distress the paper and card and different die cuts. As soon as I uploaded the photo I realised I had forgotten to use some special ribbon that I had been going to use, so I will have to make another version! I also want to decorate this inside. It reminds me of when I was at home with young children and I used to make their clothes and toys, and even did a City and Guilds Fashion course but only the first year. I had my own dressmaker's dummy then.
So hop on over and see what the others have done, and enter your make to win a Stitchy Bear voucher.

I have entered this in the following challenge(s):
ABC H is for Happy Birthday closing 5th Jan I think.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your feeling better Cazzy...wow your card is fabulous, I love it
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Cazzy. I love that you created a background with the digital image and the way you changed it up by putting in a different colored one. The thread is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.