Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 12 April 2015

Quirky is blooming all over

Kemly set us the challenge to use the photo inspiration below for colours, add lots of flowers or both colours and lots of flowers. It is a very delicate photo with pinks, blues, white and green, and gold, and I incorporated some of those into my card. Our sponsor this time is Crackerbox Palace and the fishing image - fishing boy (could be a girl also I think), flowers and chicks are all from their web site. 
Winners of the challenge can choose any of the stamps to be supplied in digi format.

I coloured the fishing image with Promarkers, and printed the frame of flowers and chicks onto kraft card and coloured those with Koh-I-Noor Progresso woodless pencils then cut an aperture and cut the frame (it's a bit crooked I'm afraid - design feature?) with Spellbinders dies then adhered it with sticky foam to the image. I added satin polka dot ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and some novelty buttons I bought from our local market and used more of the sticky foam roll to adhere the panel to a pink card blank. I thought a bow would look nice (no really I covered a mark on the card with it lol), and I looked for a small tag die and spotted the Sizzix goldfish bowl die which had a fish the exact size I wanted, perfect with the image too. I wrote on it with white gel pen, it says "gon' fishin'".


Come and play Quirky with us.

My fishing child has splashed its way into the following challenges:
TTCRD - anything goes (Mon 13th April)
Papertake Weekly - anything goes (Tues)
I love Promarkers - #264 Ink it up (Wed)
Simon Says - April flowers or spring showers (Wed)
Creative Fingers - #75 anything goes (Fri)
Left of Centre - spots or stripes (Fri)
A Gem of a Challenge - Spring is in the air (Saturday)
Crafty Cardmakers - wings (Mon)
Ribbon Girl - any image and ribbon (Sun)
Pile it on - fancy frames/beautiful borders (Sun/Wed)
Graph'it Markers - flower power (24th April end)

WON!!!
Allsorts - bingo (ribbon, flowers, die cuts) (Saturday)

Fussy and Fancy - #136 Buttons and Bows (Fri)

Photobucket


19 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cazzy!! I love the colors! The boy looks greats! Thanks!! Kemly Sc.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a lovely photo inspiration! Loving your creation too! How lovely to see you sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday! Good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at I Love Promarkers this week. Shona xx

      Delete
  4. Wow Cazzy, I love how you used the digis. The flowers and chicks border I'd beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful card, sweet image and pretty details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cazzy, you sure did make a 'BLOOMING' great card! It's blooming all over! I loved how you used the flowers around the fishing boy to make it look like Spring time. Great card and loved the little fish by the bow.
    Your whole design team did a fantastic job!
    Vicky Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Graph'It Marker Colouring Crazy Challenge and our theme of 'Flower Power'. Yvonne (DT)

    www.graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely make, thanks for joining us at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/ good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Perfect for our challenge at The Graph'It Marker Colour Challenge
    Thanks for joining in.
    Hugs
    Penni (DT)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at The Graph'It Marker Colour Challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card. :D I love this little fishing stamp so cute and really like the coloring you did on the all the stamps you used. :D Beautiful card.
    Having such a great time being a GD for Quirky Crafts. :D
    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card. Your images are wonderful and the flowers look great coloured in pencil on the Kraft card. Your ribbons and embellishments are very pretty and the fish tag is a fabulous detail. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE Card!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
    Hope you join us again soon!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful creation. Love your colours.
    Congratulations on your win.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really gorgeous card, love it! Thanks for joining us at AGOAC. Good luck.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.