Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 29 December 2015

Peace and love at Christmas

This is a Sizzix Bigz die and embossing folder combination, and I cut and embossed the dove with Cordinations paper, and sanded it to try it out. So it sat in my box of bits until now. The gorgeous paper it is on was some that I think I was given and I don't know who it is by, it has the same colour in it as the bird, and has faux stitching. The sentiments were cut with Xcut dies, and are covered in glue, I hope it eventually dried clear as it should. This was a really quick card to make.

I stamped the envelope with PaperArtsy stamps and coloured the images with Promarkers, getting inky finger prints on the envelope as you can see.

This stamp is from the same set, the envelope got creased when I carried it with me in case I needed one to give on Boxing day, and I nearly gave it away today - but forgot to take it with me!

I used the sentiment block from the same set inside, haven't taken a photo of that.

Challenges entered:
Crafty Gals - anything goes (Wed)
Die Cut Divas - warm and cosy (Dec)
Less is more - Homespun (Sat) Withdrawn as 5 challenge rule exceeded and not enough white space.
My time to craft - Last minute Christmas (Sat)
Crafting from the heart - #92 anything goes (Mon)
Simon Says - make it sparkle (Wed)

10 comments:

  1. Pretty Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cazzy what super cards! Fun background for your bird and love the simplicity of the naive trees.

    I'm guessing you meant to specify challenges for each card? We only accept a maximum of five challenge entries for Less is More and as you list six you might want to clear that up :)

    Thank you for joining our last challenge of the year and wishing you a very happy new year.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice creation. I really like those die-cuts. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting From The Heart and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great homespun style card and I love that you've decorated the envelope too. We do prefer to see some white space on entries at less is more and we also have a maximum number of combined challenges of 5 which, unfortunately, on this occasion you have exceeded.
    Please do join us again.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great homespun style card and I love that you've decorated the envelope too. We do prefer to see some white space on entries at less is more and we also have a maximum number of combined challenges of 5 which, unfortunately, on this occasion you have exceeded.
    Please do join us again.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Cazzy! It's so pretty, I love the homespun style.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Cazzy! Your card is so pretty! I like the envelope too! Sending you and your husband wishes of good health and happiness for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty Card Cazzy! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your comments made me smile Cazzy!! It's been a while since we've crossed the border and visited Longleat, it used to be an annual Easter visit when the boys were small and we have many happy memories!! Love your card, the die cuts look fabulous but it's the effect you achieved with the sanded dove that's grabbed me xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas with your Xmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.