Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 23 November 2014

We are Quirky going round in circles!

 It's another Quirky challenge, and being Quirky we have gone Spring like in Winter. The sponsor is Crackerbox Palace and they provided us with some cute digi bird images to use, and the challenge set by Lyn is Circles, any projects with circles on them somewhere can be entered!
I've got the bird in rubber stamp format too, with some of his chums, I didn't have the branch or bird house before.
All images have been coloured with Promarkers and Graph'its pens, the turquoise is Graph'its.The sentiment (I had been thinking of welcome to your new home, but found this birthday one that was too perfect) is a Little Claire one from a sent of round greetings, and is stamped in teal Stazon.


This is my first ever rocker card, and I only have Grand Nestabilities in scalloped circles, so decided to use those. My first "mistake" was to make the scene so large, only because when I cut it out and added the scalloped layer it covers up my carefully coloured background which I made using the flowers from Crackerbox Palace and coloured with Promarkers, if I had realised I would only have coloured the visible bits! The next "mistake" I discovered was that the card won't stand up, it rocks - oh yes it's a rocker - so is this actually a mistake? Well if you look at the "horizon" crease in the background you can see the first photo has been taken to show the card straight, and there is no way it stands like that! This photo shows it standing, or it can rock the other way. Doesn't naturally rock so maybe scallops are a mistake lol! I creased it across the middle of the scallop, if I had creased in between scallops it might have stood up straight!
I had a strip of my background card left so added it to the back. Should I have decorated the back more I wonder?

If you want to play the circle game hop on over to Quirky Crafts now! 

This card has rocked into the following challenges:
TTCRD - anything goes (Mon 24th Nov)
IDIC Robyn's Fetish - use a digi (Sun)
Crafty Little Fairies - not a square (Nov)
Creative Fingers - #57 anything goes (a Fri in the future)

8 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant rocker card, and I think using a scalloped circle is probably best as they tend to stand better on the windowsill when the recipient displays them, than normal circle ones do :).

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so fun and lovely! You put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty bright ans sunny card Cazzy.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable. You did great on your first rocker card. I love the bright colors that you used. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Cazzy your card is absolutely beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Perfect card shape for the whimsical image you used! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Cazzy. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous design even if it doesn't stand straight or rock! Gorgeous bright colours and pretty image :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.