The papers were all freebie ones with magazines.
I found all my gingham ribbons from Crafty Ribbons and tied them to the binding wires, I wanted them to match the paper and the mouse's dress.
My possible big mistake today was to seal the front of the cover with Krylon triple thick glaze (dries in minutes), because it totally changed the papers which all became transparent. I could see gingham through the white card of the image - that was cool - and cake through the gingham, but worst of all the pale turquoise of the double sided paper turned pink from the other side design! I am hoping that when it has had time to totally dry it will revert to the colour in the last photo below - which is what it looked like before spraying!
I kept it outside in the summer breeze for a few minutes hoping it would dry out, I think it just picked up dust!
I remembered I had some knife and fork charms and added one of each to the bottom of the cover.
Cake From Robyn's Fetish, printed twice and coloured with Promarkers, to decorate the pocket.
This is the other "disaster" which is not too bad, I meant to have this page on the outside to match the front, but punched the holes the wrong side! This is what the paper on the front should look like too.
There is more decorating to do, I am adding strips of the gingham paper to the page edges, I ran all the paper and image through the Xyron 150 and I cut the gingham paper into strips so I have lots of ready made stickers to put on.
Hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see more great projects and join in the fun, you could win prizes!
This project has stirred its way into the following challenges: