Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 17 August 2014

Put a stamp on it - that is Quirky postal!


When I heard the theme I chose this gorgeous Digital Delights Snowy Postbox scene (which is perfect for Cindy's theme) and was provided by Stitchy Bear Digital stamps who are sponsoring our challenge this time. . I added a bit of colour to the very English postbox and scene with Promarkers then die cut it to fit inside the Spellbinders postage stamp die edging it with gold Krylon pen, and to make it more like a stamp I franked it with a Marianne stamp. Keep Calm ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons. The paper is Papermania Daisy and Dandelion Christmas paper.  I ran the die cut image through again with the rubber mat to enhance the embossing on it
Although I grew up with post boxes like this on every street they are now quite rare and the ones we have now are modern rectangles on a pole which don't take large items at all. I had to google it to get the colours just right, was the frame of the schedule a different colour? What about the letters and crown? I found lots had the insignia painted over in red, but some had gold. This letterbox must be particularly old because GR is King George, later ones had ER for Queen Elizabeth, the R is Regina of course.

I posted this card into the following challenges:
I love Promarkers - anything goes (19th Aug)
Delicious Doodles - anything goes with a Delicious Doodles image (ends 21st Aug)
Moving along with the times - vintage (27th Aug)
Winter Wonderland - anything Christmas goes (28th Aug)

Still using the postage stamp die, which I ran through with the rubber mat to enhance the embossing on it.  I used Dear Mr Claus with its  three cute penguins and an American style post box and the image is coloured with Promarkers, which is a Stitchy Bear stamp also provided by Stitchy who are sponsoring this challenge exclusively. This time I used the Singing Penguin ribbon exclusive to Crafty Ribbons. The paper is by Papermania.
So two more Christmas cards done, YAY!

I have posted this card in the following challenges:

ABC Christmas challenges - P for Penguin (Wed 20th Aug)
Graphits Markers challenge - Furry (23rd Aug)
Christmas Card Challenges - embossing (Sun 24th)
Crafty Little Fairies - cute and cuddly (Aug)
Winter Wonderland - anything Christmas goes (28th Aug winners 31st)

8 comments:

  1. These are fantastic!! Love that post box! That is such a great image! Love those penguins too!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, DT Member @ Delicious Doodles
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card , nice colourcombo and cute image ,thank you so much for join us at Ilove Promarkers this week!
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards - love all those sweet penguins!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those penguins at the mailbox!! So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, they are both fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh lovely cards!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards.
    Thank you for sharing with Winter Wonderlands 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.