Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 25 May 2014

It's About Quirky Time

  It was my turn to set the challenge, and the sponsor this time is The Cutting Cafe who have some wonderful clock files of images so I called the challenge It's About Quirky Time to feature clocks.
I made this pop up card, I made one once before and really liked it, and it didn't take too much time to do (pardon the pun).
I used Clocks background printed on lime green to make the card base, with sentiments from the It's About That Time set.
The tag pulls up to make the card base into a box which stands up, pretty neat I think. My tag is cut from the Time Background, sponged with Distress ink and cut with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die, which is a little wider than the measurements in the SCS instructions so you need to cut the slot a little wider, also I had to cut some off the length of the tag to make it the right size.
This is only the second time I have made a card like this, and I was intending to make a stepper when I found the instructions for this one. The first one was also made as a challenge example for The Cutting Cafe sponsored challenge!
I used a little cuckoo clock from It's About That Time, as well as the two sentiments, and I coloured the clock with Promarkers. Cuckoo is cut with a speech bubble stamp from a DoCrafts X Cut set, I think it is a dream bubble but it fits! All other sentiments were cut with Spellbinders dies.
You can also buy the clocks ready coloured. I wanted a cuckoo as well, so searched around for a bird and found one in One Spring Day that I could use. I know mine looks like a Robin lol!
Finally I found some large polka dot reversable ribbon and used it on the front section, wrapping it round with seam binding. I also used seam binding, this time with polka dot chiffon ribbon, on the tag.

People I know, even family don't always "get it" when it comes to novelty fold cards, so I have added a clue on the back of the tag, an arrow from It's All About Time.

You can just see the tip of the arrow when the card is closed, I hope folk get the hint!

If you want to see some more great examples hop over to Quirky Crafts challenge blog, and if you join in the fun you could end up winning some sets of your choice from The Cutting Cafe.

I've popped this card into the following challenges:
Coffee, Chocolate and Cards - Use a Tag (Fri)
Allsorts - Happy Birthday (with blog hop) (Fri)
I love Promarkers - Anything goes (Wed)
Technique Twist - pop up card box (Sat) (Mine is a little different - hope ok)


5 comments:

  1. Wow this is super creative I love the pattern papers and clocks . Very cute card. Thanks for joining in on the twisted fun @ Technique Twist Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cazzy, love your card, the neon color looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely fabulous cazzy!! Thanks for joining us at I♥Promarkers
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy fun Cazzy, love the bright colors and all the fun little details. Super fun little pop detail and a fabulous theme. Great job on the Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.