Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 25 August 2013

A Quirky Cheesey reminder for Christmas in August.

 This is my reminder example for the Quirky Crafts Challenge, Christmas in August with a cheesey twist.
As well as Christmas you need to use 3 things from Lyn's cheesey triangle chart below.
I used a Bugaboo image, Penguin Star, triangles, and layers, I also used unusual colours if the layers don't count!
I am geometrically challenged, so my triangle might be a little bit wrong, but for me it is good! I created a template then repeated it, then managed to cut pattered papers out (you should see all the ruined bits! The papers were freebies, they are by Serif Craft Daisy, but were printed and given in a magazine, the first one I ruined was of course the only sheet, so I had to go for a different one.
The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, the sentiment is from a HOTP set free with a magazine stamped and heat embossed in purple, then die cut with a Spellbinders ribbon tag die. I meant to add some glitter but if I did it wouldn't have been dry enough to photograph.
This is the back of the card, yes there is an error but I decided to leave it. The card blank is the same mustard colour as the sentiment is stamped on but due to a couple of inky mistakes I needed to cover the whole thing in paper or start all over again!

So in case you haven't worked it out our two sponsors are Bugaboo and Crafty Ribbons, hop on over to the Quirky Crafts Blog to see some more lovely examples and to join in (and to leave us a little Christmas love too).



I have entered the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons challenges - anything goes with ribbon.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.