Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Friday 2 September 2011

Parrot talk

This is another image from Stitchy Bear Stamps, which I added late to the Flourishes and Embossing challenge. I love parrots, I used to want to own one and I had parrot earrings and knitted a parrot cardigan on the knitting machine, the cardigan is still around though I don't wear it now and it probably is too small now!
The image was coloured with Trias and my printer decided to print on my best stamping card which normally doesn't feed through so it coloured beautifully apart from the fact that the new Trias come with a much finer fine nib which is so much easier for intricate images. The printer refused to repeat that trick, so I guess I am stuck with thin card! I cut the parrot and mat out with Nestabilties, the Sizzix flourishes are decorated with Prima Flowers.

The pale blue background is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder then ink brushed over it, and the Hero Arts sentiment is heat embossed with gold EP.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card,I love the fabulous colours and the image is lovely...Thank you for your visit and lovely comment...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.