Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 7 August 2011

Christening card

A lady at work commissioned me to make a christening card, and here is the result. It took ages to finish as I kept taking bits in to show her and see if she was happy before assembling the finished card. The main stumbling block was getting all the wording in, and I couldn't find a christening stamp in my collection. So I had the idea of putting the words "on your Christening" and the date, which was a requirement, in the little Sizzix die cut prayer book, to which I added a ribbon, between the two layers, which matches the ribbon with the hearts on. The image is Sugar Nellie and I think it is one of the Gorgeous Girls, might even have been a charity stamp. It was the one that came to mind when I was asked for this card for this 1 year old girl. 
I tried die cutting the name at first, but then the customer asked for all three Christian names so I decided the best thing was to stamp them under the image, the letters are Stamps Away, the Granddaughter stamp is from a Papermania Family set and all the lettering is stamped using Versacolour ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The image is coloured with Promarkers, and die cut with Nestabilities. The lattice heart is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. Various ribbons some from Ribbon Oasis. Inside the card we took a while to come up with the finished personalised verse which is printed on pale pink marbled vellum type paper. I rounded the corners to finish it off. The customer was very happy with it and now I need to fill her next order for an engagement card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.