Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 6 June 2010

Sea view

This card is made using a Whimsical Ink, Queen Kat Art stamp by Maigan Lyn. Please excuse the cutting out, I decided to cut out the inside of the mermaid's tail after she was sitting firmly on the frame and it looks a bit messy. Frame is Sizzix, background (in frame and behind it using Cordinations Whitewash paper) is Cuttlebug embossing, real shells bought locally, ferns is a Martha Stewart punch. Unfortunately the red background turned out to be a mistake, and the gold embossed card looks red at the bottom as it picked up the colour.
Mermaid's pearl necklace and headband is made using Liquid Pearls in pink. Glass fish was from a set bought at a show, make unknown.
Acrylic greeting was from Graphicus and the ribbon from the Philippines I think (don't you just love Ebay?). I made this to go with a jigsaw of one of Maigan's mermaid prints for my Mum's birthday, unfortunately I didn't realise she doesn't like jigsaws!

I am entering this for:
 Daring Cardmakers challenge Pearls
 RosieDees challenge which is fairy tales
Stamping for the weekend - Summer/Travel challenge

Not sure it is good enough for any of them but will do it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely...good luck for the competitions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cazzy - aww what a great card - love that image. :) :)

    Sorry I haven't been to visit for a while. Hope you are well my dear.

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.