Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 6 April 2010

Country Life on Facebook

Why have I got dragged into yet another game that is addictive, and just as I get into it all my buddies have moved to the next game I ask myself?
Well as if Farmville was not enough with its outdated graphics and constant crashes and bugs, I have taken on Country Life.
This is what I have learnt in the few days I have been playing:
Like Farmville you start with a small square of land, unlike Farmville you get a cow right away, you also get some plots with clover growing (from memory). The cow is a 3d animated cow and wouldn't look out of place in Shrek movies. The cow in in a pen with a feeding trough in front of it, and when the clover flowers you harvest the clover then click on the cow to feed it. Crops are in small squares a bit like Farmville, you click to plant the seed, you don't have to plough it first,  you click to harvest the crop and there is a move tool that can be used to move plots around. You use another tool to dig more plots, there is a sell tool.
Unlike Farmville the cow chews the food.
Like Farmville the crop can be sold but (not like Farmville) not for as much as the milk the cow produces; for every square of clover the cow eats it produces a bottle of milk, handy that, you don't have to milk it.
Things work in 3s here, you can feed 3 lots of clover to the cow max, it produces 3 bottles of milk at any one time max, if you don't harvest the milk it won't produce more.
If you buy a beehive the bees will pollinate the clover which turns yellow, and produce a jar of honey, you get extra coins for honey and the cow will then eat the pollinated clover and still produce the same milk which can be sold.
If you are really lucky someone will gift you a cheese wiz; then you can harvest the milk and click on the cheese wiz to fill it with three bottles of milk at the most, and it will whirr away and produce three cheeses at the most which you can harvest then sell (haven't worked out if there is another more lucrative stage like sandwich production).
You can move up the levels quickly and you can grow a greater variety of crops and buy more animals and give better gifts the higher you go and if you get enough neighbours you can expand, just like Farmville.
There are other gadgets, like a tomato sauce maker, a weaver for the sheep's wool, jam maker and all of these make the crops you produce more valuable to sell.
If you buy another animal it will be fussy about what it eats, chickens eat corn, three lots and lay three lots of eggs, though I never saw that chicken sit on the nest the eggs appeared there as if by magic. Sheep eat only wheat. Both crops take a whole lot longer than clover to ripen, and the sheep looks at you as if to say "where is mine then?".
You can also buy trees that fruit in the same way as Farmville trees do and sell the fruit, maybe you can make it into something else when you get the right gadget.
You can buy buildings, you have to get people to give you the materials then unless you have ranch cash or money to burn in spending actual money to get what you need. I am building a greenhouse where the crops will be ready quicker if I get it done, so more functional than Farmville here.
One tip on the beehives is once the clover (which is all they are interested in) has all flowered they go to sleep, and when you harvest the first square they wake and come and pollinate, but if  you leave just one jar of honey unharvested you can harvest that as soon as the clover is ready again and you won't lose out on that one first jar of honey, unless like me you are click happy and accidentally harvest the unpollinated clover next to the pollinated clover, or worse, sell your clover by mistake so your cows can't make more milk........
Well maybe the attraction is to see how far I can get or if I can score higher than my friends, it has taken over my life. so with that I better see how both Farmville and Country Life are doing in case I am missing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.