Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Saturday 10 May 2008

Challenge card - Water Water Everywhere


This card is for a challenge on Crafts By Carolyn forum. The challenge is called Water Water Everywhere and had to have a water theme (obviously!).

I used a stamp of a rag doll (Azadi Earles which is no longer trading I think - from comments I found on Ebay) with umbrella, which I stamped with red ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I decoupaged the umbrella but it is hard to tell from the first photo so I have added another that shows it better. The umbrella was coloured with Sakura Gelly Roll pens. The sentiment is a Debbie Moore stamp.

The outer acrylic card has "rain drops" made with Diamond glaze and a puddle the doll is standing in.

I finished the card with some gingham ribbon and a ribbon tag (MM).

Now does anyone think I could give this card to my Mum for her birthday this month (May), or are we in Summer officially now?

When I started assembling this card and decided to use a ribbon tag I thought I would take some photos for a possible article for the next free e magazine from PCJ. I set up the tag curler in lots of stages and took the photos, and finished the card. Then I found out I hadn't got the memory card in my camera so didn't have any of the photos - silly me! Had to start again!






2 comments:

  1. Hey Cazzy - love this card - great image and those acrylic rain drops are amazing. ;) :)

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, I wasn't sure it was going to work but I am pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.