Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Saturday 12 April 2008

More cards and free craft magazine





Blog candy comp closing on 20th April.

Here are the last two stamp swap card challenge cards for the PJC forum.

Lilies.

This stamped image from Jay was a big challenge (thanks Jay)! Why does a woman have lilies growing out of her head, is she a bulb I asked myself often!

I painted the lilies with liquid pearls, but added a touch of pink with a brush marker, she had to have greenish hair I felt!
I found a background UM stamp I had a vague recollection of, that seemed perfect, and I had a set of Lakeland flower stamps and one was Lilies.

I mounted the panel onto old gold, then mounted the stamped image with foam pads.

I decided the hammered cream card looked a bit bare, so decided to add some Rubbadabbadoo words, this took several attempts to get right as stamping on hammered card is not easy.

Finally I added the heart embellishment from Deanne - it had to go with this image really!



Baby Boy.

This was a stamped bear holding a heart from Debbee, thanks Debbee.

I coloured him with water colour pencils then went over with water but I am not totally happy with the result. I then glazed him with Debbie Moore Enamel Magic, mounted him on this window card, backed the window with alphabet paper and put a charm in each, added sticky back ric rac, a rub on sentiment and some tiny buttons, and there you are!

Have you all read the free e mag from PJC, it is really good and you don't get much free these days, certainly not craft magazines!
Click on the banner to go download the free mag!

2 comments:

  1. i love what you've done with lily head woman, shes gorgeous.
    xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Cazzy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.